Relocation in Child Custody

Can my ex stop me from moving with my kids? There is no easy answer to this question. First, you need to follow the custody relocation rules. 1. You must notify your ex in writing of your intention to move. You have to notify them in writing and be able to prove that they were served with the notice. Certified mail is a good choice. You can also have them served personally. 2. If they object to your move they need to file their objection with the Courts. Once they object the Court will order a hearing on the issue of relocation, frequently referred to as a Ploughman hearing. A Ploughman hearing is different from a normal custody trial in that it reviews not only the standard factor


210 W Front St, First Floor, Media, PA 19063, USA

©2018 by Jordan Reilly & Associates. Proudly created with